Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Interstellar



Reminiscent of ‘Inception’ and ‘Memento’ this 2014 Sci-Fi/Adventure written and directed by English Christopher Nolan; it was a lot more than I had anticipated. Never a real fan of Texan Mathew McConaughey whom I must admit shared phenomenal acting chops in this film and not really an admirer either for the other ‘out-of-this-world’ film ‘Gravity’; I didn’t really have high hopes.

Was I ever in for a ride! This film was enormously thought-provoking, heart-warming, thrilling, and visually appealing, I honestly wasn’t ready for it to end. American Jessica Chastain shone as usual and English Michael Caine, and David Oyelowo (Selma) also held their own and were believable characters. Whom I enjoyed watching and studying throughout the film though was Oscar winner ‘Anne Hathaway’ whom I think is talented beyond her years and magnificent in any character she has the opportunity of playing.

This story had me in deep thought, sitting on the edge of my seat, glued to my screen in awe, smiling because of the riveting soundtrack and crying at it’s heart-warming moments. With an estimated budget of $165 million USD it made back $186 million USD a short 2 months later. With a run-time of 169 minutes and nominated for 5 Oscars this year, the mixed reviews hold nothing against the symbolic and magnificent story that was executed quite wonderfully.


If you want to turn on the ‘Intensity’ dial, this one heats up pretty quickly! Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment