Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Before Sunset


Before Sunset directed by Richard Linklater and brilliantly played by Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy was to me a grand triumph. I defintely think the acting is what made it all, and this film expertly shows the leaps and bounds of savvy, quick-witted and whimsical expression. I went on a ride around Paris in the summer time, and the landscape and architecture was all there, but none of it mattered, only the words spoken between the two characters.

The feelings portrayed similar to how I view life, the wants, the worry, the compulsiveness and life hysteria wrapped up in love. I began to think it was too much about them; but the deeper I got into it, the more I realized the caliber of what was being said and the choice to keep it simplistic. :))

It reminded me of my favourite film Amelie, in that it's purity is actually it's weightiness!

And here we are; a day for Christians' Lenten season. Today is Ash Wednesday. I like to challenge myself and surprise myself. For the next 40 days and 40 nights...

No carne, no leche, ninguna facebook, ninguna musica de soca, y definitivamente no muchachos!

That is my promise for now... ahhhh how fun it will be!
And now I must depart, I have a date with Antonio Vivaldi :))

Chao!
Jair

No comments:

Post a Comment