Friday, March 28, 2014

Temptation



I’d admit I was never a huge fan of Tyler Perry movies, but I was always a fan of the man Tyler Perry himself. He came from nothing to a notable and successful film-maker; I think anyone who endures through struggles and finally gains success at their dreams is worth admiring. I found his prior movies entertaining but pretty much the same strain; however this 2013 Drama rang quite different and it’s message was a wonderful story told in modern-day circumstances.

The name speaks for itself; and the audience could pretty much predict the sequence of events as they unfolded. Lust, betrayal and a mistake found out a little too late. The ending though had viewers wide-eyed and grieve-stricken. The story was simple yet solid and beautifully told. Candice Coke, Jurnee Smollett-Bell, Vanessa Williams, Brandy Norwood, Lance Gross, Ella Joyce, Robbie Jones, Renee Taylor and the forever talked about Kim Kardashian all came together to bring this tale to life.

This film had one win and 5 nominations that year and I must say my favourite Tyler Perry film to date. Madea surprisingly did not make an appearance and thank-fully so; it was beautifully shot, with smooth transitions, charismatic and moving acting and an excellent message. Makes for a good night of racing hearts and lovely heightened anticipation. 



No comments:

Post a Comment