Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Do the Right Thing

Do the Right Thing an earlier film made by Spike Lee, was probably one of the most muddlesome films etched into then, my young mind. Back then, I'd had a crush on an older, more sophisticated man, or so I thought, and he recommended the film to me. My eyes were smeared and innocence corrupted after seeing this film. I am not saying it was the most hideous film of all time. I respect Spike and his endevours as a film-maker but he is certainly not one of my favourites.

What I do and will always admire though is the simplicity of the message.
Hearing the name of the film by itself and not seeing it, it gives off the illusion of greatness.
A poignant and powerful title. Do the Right Thing. And here it is I repeat it again.

I just want to say --- Do the Right Thing in life, no matter how much it hurts. No matter how high the temptation is, no matter what is lost, always, always .... Do the Right thing... No-one may notice, but you're not doing it for other people right? You're doing it for yourself and for the well-being of the other person, whom you should never take advantage of.

Blessings!
!Jair

3 comments:

  1. I can see how that movie would be traumatic to the uninitiated. Kinda how I felt with "Higher Learning"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea Triniyute, you know exactly what ah mean. And thanx KC ;) Allyuh thanx for reading and bring me up to date & help meh make my page snazzy nuh! ;) oxo

    ReplyDelete