Saturday, October 16, 2010

You're not Alone

After trotting out and about in London one layover...I settled down with a cup of tea and short bread cookies and cried my eyes out in my hotel room watching the most darling Bollywood Film. I grew up watching many of these films in Trinidad & Tobago (where 51% of our population is of East-Indian descent) but I hadn't watched one in ages! This one I believe was entitled 'Dances Sohanal' although quite old and I hadn't seen it from the beginning I couldn't find any information on it...Old or not, the love story indeed was classic and heart-wrenching. Written and directed by Raj Kapoor according to the credits I caught at the end; it was such a delightful film.

"My heart lies shattered by my breast... let us be together and die... let my eyes see you... the sight of you will quench my thirst... how will I ever smile again?" and "Laughing and playing as we do... Tears when apart... but it is not the end... Diamonds and Pearls mean nothing to me. I have no greed... I only yearn for your love..." were the type of lyrics the main characters sang about. I had to open a bag of salty chips after that; to sustain all the salt I was losing with each dance number... [haha]

We all go through these troubling emotions...but what you have to remember is that you are never alone. You are not a failure, you are not a waste...You will rise again and twirl in wonderful sunshine...but you must believe it. What you think...is what you bring into your life...so if you are one of those people who can't shut off your mind once in a while...and you happen to be a negative thinker...you may want to think about rebooting your system! You seriously, are what you think.

You are an intelligent, unique, lovable, successful, exciting, and charismatic person. People love to be around you...everyone wants to get to know you! You are love, and you are loved! Your life doesn't have to be like a mushy Bollywood Film...and even if it is...cheers to the HAPPY ENDING! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment