Wednesday, June 8, 2011

***





Like She












By Jair Ananda Massiah


06/2011









He wanted a girl who spread her legs on silk and smelt of the reddest roses, and wasn't afraid to jump off mountains. Alas she was only a simple virgin, who smelt of dew that fell from those red, red roses, who spoke to him about the moon and the stars and told him that his eyes were warmer than the great green trees of the east. But little did she know, little did he know, she was only a muse that he'd tire of as soon as work picked up. For now he can go where girls will do anything to pleasure that muscle between his legs. Who cared about the stars anyway? Or the stars in her eyes, that just wanted to gaze lovingly at him. What was her love? This feeling…unimportant and simple in his snazzy world. How foolish she'd been to think that he'd care. That he could fall for a girl like she?














It Changed




By Jair Ananda Massiah
05/2011




Little did I know that 2 weeks away from you indeed was nothing, had I known I wouldn't see you afterwards for months at a time. Every day, and I say, every day I dreamt of your smile that would light me up like the stars at night. And every day, I'd dream of your eyes, so gentle, so calm yet mischievous. You just needed someone to love. Just like me. And I had done well I thought, for 2 weeks at that time which felt like an eternity. And I visited my great aunts; and slow they were. Times were different for them. They had experienced all life had to offer and now carrying on each day was activity enough. And bed time was early also. And I lay there, not wanting to sleep. Listening to the crickets and feeling the clean night air…it was only you that filled my mind. You, so far away; missing me, as I missed you. My love so great, I wouldn't mind to stop and let time hurry on, for only to gaze at you would suffice. And it was then I called you. And your voice sounded hurried, for you were whispering and had run away. Wanting to speak with me, wanting to hear my voice, that to steal away from your work to listen was good enough an excuse to anyone who would happen to reprimand you. And you said, "I miss you!" And "Get back safe." And I felt your love. My heart swooning at the simple phrase. And I missed you too. Why ever must we be apart this long. So many long miles away. And that was a beautiful moment. And now a year later I lie in this same bed and wonder, was it all just a dream? The love of my life; did you think of me now, like then? But I'd never know. Because now, it didn't feel like love, and I shan't ever call…

No comments:

Post a Comment