Saturday, June 11, 2011

Iron Lion Zion






Lioness
By Jair Ananda Massiah




06/10/2011




Lioness I am

But thick mane I wear

I tend to hunt

Rather than sit and stare

Prowling yes

But silently

For nothing worthy

Invigorates me

I shall not pounce

Or roar and run

For beguiling tracks does not attract

And humming bees that lead to nests

Although sweet of honey

Prove only pests

And so I hunt

With all my might

For a reflection found

With elephant light

Though handsome and strong

And smooth he be

Charm and fun and flattery

It is not this confusion that I need

Instead refreshing and pristine

A drink of water in healthy streams

We need not den, cave, nest or grove

Only touch, taste, smell, melting eyes

And the thump, thump, thump of our souls...

And yes I hunt

Its you I seek

A love divine

Finally...my peace.





No comments:

Post a Comment