Sunday, August 15, 2010

On Gratitude



Living an American lifestyle as well as the journey towards solidifying a stable future is tremendously hectic; it makes a good excuse to re-visit or rekindle the simplicity and sacredness of your youth. Fortunate enough; I was born and raised in a place many wish to go on holiday. Although I am able to travel every year to Trinidad & Tobago, my adventurous spirit still prefers to explore other exotic lands as opposed to my own. Being back in my childhood paradise recently I know that there should be no excuse to rejuvenate and regain some energy and more importantly increase positive energy before returning to the grind of the 'so-called' 1st world lands. I shouldn't stay away for too long…



Time moves much more slowly there; and it is very alive; not aesthetic or sterilized for the likings or conveniences of human kind. It is un-polluted the way it was meant to be where humans and creatures of the land and sea live together as one. I am grateful to be reminded of family-time, of rest, of humility, of sincerity, of simplicity, of quiet, of having people truly love me and not expect anything from me, for feeling more and thinking less.



Realizing the more we are grateful of, the more that is given to us. J

3 comments: