Saturday, October 23, 2010

Ego vs Reality



Ever play the SIMS? It's a remarkable computer game! About a decade ago when they first came out with the older type of computers, one was only able to construct buildings. Today's version is ever so intricate and detailed; you literally are in control of an entire person's life! In this game you can not only build your house, but buy beds, couches, appliances and food to put in your refrigerator! You can go to work, school or the spa on a bicycle or your very own car. You can court and woo your neighbour or someone you may have met while fishing. Get abducted by aliens and tell everyone about it. Have sexual relations with a guy or girl; or as they call it a 'Woo-Hoo' and even adopt a child or animal or become pregnant! As I say, the game is pretty remarkable…however it isn't reality. In the SIMS, the ego runs their life. They yell and wave their hands to your computer screen if they want you to buy them new things or need help doing something. We may wish that life in the 'real world' could be so simple; by waving our hands in the air and complaining, everything will get fixed too.



Our world/life thank-fully is to a great extent more complex. If you complain to the Universe about something, we will simply attract more of that into our lives…if we in turn give thanks and show happiness to the Universe then also we can attract more things like that in our lives. I know what you're saying right now…"But I didn't want to get into a car accident…" or "I surely didn't want to get hurt in this relationship…" or "I didn't want to attract all this debt!"…believe me darlings, I know exactly where you're coming from, but you must trust me when I say that …Yes! You are attracting these things into your life. I know it doesn't seem fair…but you don't have 'a player/someone' moving you around and doing as they fancy with your life! Sure, you have a creator, but how wonderful it is that he/she gives you free-will. With free-will you are able to make choices and go in different directions to get to that ultimate destination, or as I'd like to call it, the BIG graduation party in the sky; where you get to find out how well you've been graded in life!



The music you listen to, the friends you keep, the places you frequent, the television shows you must see are all vibrations that are being attracted to your life. You will become or attract like things into your life…It is a serious thing. Well it depends on how serious you are about your life anyway. If you are thinking that 'the world' or 'the system' is out to get you…and you constantly feed yourself that…then sure enough 'the system' won't give you peace. If you think that your life is to be like your parents or grandparents life, then sure enough…your life will be too. If you listen to music or watch films that speak of heart-ache and treachery and lost love…then yes, sure enough you will magnetize also similar aspects to your life.



"But I'm a good person, I don't deserve this!" You're right…you're right, you are a good person and you don't deserve this. But just as we have rules to follow in society, these are the rules of the Universe and once you understand it you can then flow in accord with it. If you want a happy life, treat people as you would like to be treated, do everything with love, be mindful and sincere and be careful not to harbour ill thoughts of jealousy or greed. Surround yourself with positive people and things. If you want to accomplish something…envelope yourself in it, spend time practicing…you will succeed.



I know many of you may say…"My life is not a game…it's not that easy!" Well, why do you complain so easily? Chris Martin from Coldplay sang…"Nobody said it was easy…nobody said it would be so hard…I'm going back to the stars…" Astonishing advice; because change is never easy, but it's always a good thing. And if you want to try something new in your life, by acting more positive, grateful and content and working towards a goal for even more great things, then you have to change your thinking or way of life from as old as you are today! You have to un-learn all those ill thoughts on which you functioned before and catch yourself anytime you tend to go back there. 'Going back to the stars' simply means going back to nature; which is an excellent way to still the ever-going mind and to center yourself and find peace. I know you can do it!



Sometimes it truly feels as though you're going through a series of unfortunate events, maybe you cannot fathom how you would ever attract that into your life because you don't surround yourself with drama and treat people how you want to be treated…and this…this may be the only time we can say that…things happen without question. As I mentioned before in an earlier blog, to get to a higher level, you have to go through different feats before garnishing the treasure and saving the princess. In other words, each step up the ladder comes with different obstacles you must overcome. So if you did get into that car accident…and you don't have the foggiest on how you could have attracted this into your life; the fact that you were able to walk away un-harmed and all intact, despite a bloodied leg, means, you've got a 2nd chance, and it's only a test to see how resilient you can be and that you are indeed worthy or capable of handling greater obstacles before moving 'one up'. At least, that's how I like to think of it! J



On my last flight I met a fantastic girl; she being a flight attendant like myself…radiating beauty from within, a beauty that surpassed her outer-beauty because of the way she spoke and inspired me. She is from Thailand and we shared stories, as I have great memories of my visit there; we exchanged details and she offered to share more lovely places to explore and even to visit her family. I haven't had the opportunity to purchase the book as yet…but although I can't see it yet I say, "Money comes to me easily and all the time!" When that money does come I want to get that book she recommended entitled: Zero Limits. She said to cleanse my mind and thoughts and to attract more beautiful things in my life I should repeat these words: "Thank-you, I love you, Please forgive me, I'm sorry…" By telling the Universe these simple words/mantra, you are not only opening new doors but in fact showing gratitude and starting anew…



I do enjoy playing the SIMS, I laugh and coo at how much money I've got in the bank, the dates I go out on every night with my boyfriend named Stiles McGraw, the promotions I get at my job and the snazzy outfits I can change into at any given moment. What a lovely life it seems like; if only my 'real life' had all these material and comforting things too, I would think at times. But then there are the games that I play also where robbers steal from my home, the kitchen is set on fire, I am a mother of twins and my husband is too tired to do Woo-Hoo's with me and I don't have enough money to pay the farting nanny, who in turn runs off with my beloved computer. In real life I couldn't just complain and wave my hands up in the air with desperation! So there are 2 sides to every story, and I'm grateful that my life isn't as turbo speed as that game. I can attract things into my life, change directions and work at a steady pace. J

2 comments:

  1. Jair! jair! jair!!!!!! you ALWAYS hit that hammer on the nail head! i LOVED this...read it twice....powerful piece! Your blog reminded me of the book "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne....a MUST read!!! similar concepts to what you just talked about...i just bought "The Power" by Rhonda and i am excited to read it.....Keep pressing forward Jair and keep inspiring others with your beautiful words xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thanks so much sweetheart! ;) I am so proud and elated to touch ppl thru my writing. Sometimes I fear I write too much, but it just flows you know...so glad you take the time out to read and express your love...continued blessings! I must check out that book ;) xx.

    ReplyDelete