Thursday, August 11, 2011

It’s Still Good


My darlings! Egad! I know, I know, you've missed me terribly. I apologize for my long absence, but alas my trusty compuer of 5 plus years found it necessary to retire. And here I am a month later with a snazzy, sleek and new friend I can spend hours on end with, writing, watching movies and chatting with friends around the world. It was worth the wait, wouldn't you say?! During that time I had focused more on reading some good books and spending time with human-beings. Ha ha J


So, I 'd been sensationally dreading the arrival of my latest birthday, because it forced me to really come to terms with things, and figure out where exactly had a year gone, 8 months to be exact. I hadn't exactly crossed off the majority of my 2011 New Year Resolution list. Fiddlesticks! This year was supposed to be special, and I wasn't really living up to the standard of dreams coming to life. Things were manifesting slowly but for an impatient fire-fly like myself, it wasn't nearly moving the least bit at all. I try to remain calm and grateful; for sure things could have moved along at a more acceptable rhythm; but wasn't I, weren't we exactly where we needed to be?


One of my hospice patients died. It was difficult; not something I hadn't dealt with before, but alas I was older, and each time moment or friend and experience would be different. She was a good friend. She gave good advice. She loved me and I loved her. While attending her memorial service, I knew that this was a reminder to cherish and celebrate life. The ups and downs, the confusion, the fear, all of it. Despite the sham and drudgery as it says in the Desiderata, it is indeed still a beautiful world. So why hold on to fear or negativity or feelings of disappointment.


So you've planted your mustard seeds, and seen mountains move, but by george, waitng for those things to grow and blossom is the most thorny of all. You're besides yourself and you have honestly done your best. You just want the best, but you can't seem to break through, to share that light and love to your doux-doux, and to the world. But I say, dry those tears and put on a smiling face; shake away those negative thoughts that sometimes like to crop into your head. You are stronger than that. You will be blessed for your love and good deeds; you are already taken care of, you're on automatic baby, because you don't need to worry about where you're going all the time. Just do your best, and let God do the rest.


Have you looked in the mirror lately? I mean, really looked. But maybe you don't see the light you emit from those eyes, or the joy you bring to people with that smile. You are a magnificent piece of work, really you are! J And if you don't really feel like a smooth operator of late; you'll be reminded by the Universe and the heavenly realms by those around you. Like someone slipping a note of admiration on your wind-screen, in the wee-hours of the morning when you've come down to drive to work. Or perhaps handsome lads, inviting you yonder to come visit for a wonderful time, that believe it or not, you deserve. Why not take these people up on their offers. Sometimes we need to be reminded of the radiant creatures we are. If you don't love and respect yourself, then who will? Don't be dragged along and un-loved or un-appreciated. Don't have others use you to make themselves feel better and then discard you because they don't understand what love is. You are love, you are light, you are a remarkable, unique and pleasant being that you should share with people who respect you for what you are and what it is you have yet to become. Don't give up hope; hold it silently in your warm beating heart, visualize it, and send love from afar, bless it and let go. Let go darlings, or 8 months in the year will race by before you know it and you'll wonder, if you'd made any progress at all J


It's still good…it's still a wonderful world! J

Bless-up!

Jair

2 comments:

  1. Very inspirational Jair!! Missed you here! happy to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh thank-you! :) It's wonderful to be back. It's nice to have things to occupy your time when you don't have that something you crave the most ;) xx

    ReplyDelete