Monday, October 10, 2011

Hold On

I figured I'd write based on the song my angels played for me on the radio while driving home from class tonight. They played, 'Up in the air Tonight' by Phil Collins, which the main message was, to hold on. And holding on I am; waiting patiently for what my heart desires and trying not to complain too much during the extensive process. I know I'm on the right track, but sometimes I have doubts and concerns.


You have doubts and concerns when you're working on a flight like I had last night. In all my years of flying I had never had a passenger who played with his dentures, tapped my arse' during the service and then coolly' lit a cigarette to smoke on my aircraft! It truly was an interesting flight. To each his own; I can understand if you like wearing Hawai'i shirts, if that's the uniform you like to wear; I can also understand if you like to rummage around in your mouth during the safety demonstration when I'm standing right in front of you; I can even understand you accidentally hitting my bum with your elbow as I shimmy through the airplane aisles…but to light a cigarette on a plane? Now, seriously!?


My saving grace on that flight was my insightful and engaging flight mate, who kept me in awe of their grace, positive energy and peaceful smiles, as well as the interesting Swiss stranger whom said 'Hello!' loudly to me in the gate area. He had messy yellow hair, well-used glasses, and carried a gigantic back-pack. We got to talking during the flight and it happened to be his birthday! He called me an angel up in the air, and said my smile and kindness made his day better. He had been having a not so good day, far less birthday and it had only been a week of his 'Around the World' trip since he'd left Switzerland.


His story was an uplifting one, as it showed how resilient he'd been thus far despite the adversity he had faced within his short 35 years on earth. He said he'd been married, had a good business, and a decent life. Then something had gone terribly wrong; his life began to change; and he was forced into new directions. He went through a divorce, lost a best friend to death, got a new girlfriend, lost her to death, he started drinking and doing drugs, and it hit him one day that he needed to live again. What did living mean for him? He said, "To live is to fly!" He sold his house and decided to travel around the world sky-diving!


He stood in the back galley, and shared stories excitedly about his travels thus far, and the plan he had for the upcoming few months. He shared videos and offered to keep in touch via face book, as he could write and show his friends the new journey he'd be taking. Upon adding him he thanked me for brightening his day and I thanked him for brightening mine. For instilling in me the beauty that we can give to each other by just being there and sharing to uplift and instill hope into someone's life. J He updated his status and wrote:


at san diego bem köbi . californen . time i here 2.22am . danke für alli lieba glückwünsch, de tag isch nöt so cool gsi , stunnela war voll fet aber sus gar nöd min tag gsi . aber den am abend , en mega süssa smile engel kennaglernt . a stwerdess. :-)))))) be mit era i kuchi vom flüger gsi am paar bierli trinka gsi . besser en engel si . i love my live . good night . :-)))))))))))))))))


I'm not sure exactly about what it says, as I am not fluent in Swiss or German yet [ha ha] but I saw the bit about "…smile engel…a stewardess…" I find it all very sweet. And that gives me hope, to keep holding on, because even when you think no-one notices, and no-one looks, or no-one cares; someone does! J


Keep holding on darlings,


You're about to bloom into something far more beautiful than you can even imagine.


Bless-up!


Jair J

2 comments:

  1. Love Love Love it Jair!! keep on writing! what a trip on that flight LOL I probably would have flipped out when my bumsee got touched *giggle*

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! Seriously eh :D Unfortunately it wasn't the first time my bum-bum got paw prints on it. :P

    Thank-you for reading! <3

    ReplyDelete