Monday, November 14, 2011

Gnomeo & Juliet

That's right, I watched it; Gnomeo & Juliet, I found the previews and bill-boards quite charming, I simply had to give in and boy am I glad I did! Written by Rob Sprackling and John R. Smith, and directed by Kelly Asbury, they indeed were able to bring these little lawn ornaments to life! The entire soundtrack was revamped songs by the legendary Elton John. I'm not particularly into Musicals however this animated film was an original with background music like a real film, as opposed to people bursting into song every 5 minutes. The cast of voice-overs were pretty impressive also, Gnomeo's voice by James McAvoy and sassy Juliet's by Emily Blunt, including a slew of other actors that filled in with comical characters like Dolly Parton who played Dolly Gnome, Ozzy Osbourne who played the Fawn, Hulk Hogan who did the Terrafirminator advertisement voice, and Michael Caine who played Lord Redbrick.


It was funny, sweet, and a lovely adventure for both children and adults; I'm not quite sure if Gnomes would approve though. I loved how they used re-curring bits to add a texture of comedy to each scene. I absolutely found hilarious that anytime humans came by, they would freeze into positions and become again seemingly lifeless.


The story was a simple one of what other than love, and the fact that just because you're different doesn't mean there should be war; but merely respect for the other person, accepting them and loving them for who they are and not trying to change them into what they're not. There will be obstacles and feuds from families but the important thing is being able to overcome and find lasting happiness! J

No comments:

Post a Comment