Thursday, October 11, 2012

Without a Paddle



I remember in my University days being invited by one of my friends to go see the pre-screening of this movie. I declined. For some reason the title didn’t seem to do anything for me and I hadn’t heard of it winning any awards or amazing reviews. My friend said I missed out. Years later, I decide to pop it in, alone. She was right, it was hilarious!

Writers Fred Wolf, Harris Goldberg, Tom Nursall, Jay Leggett and Mitch Rouse all put their funny bones together and created dialogue and jokes to last for 95 minutes. Director Steven Brill echoed the funny by successfully engaging actors Mathew Lillard, Seth Green and Dax Shephard to completely embody their characters, Jerry, Dan and Tom respectively. There was great comic timing and within the giggles and outlandish behaviour also a relevant and special message.

This 2004 flick took us from loss, childhood belongings, to an adventure in the woods, these 3 friends went on a droll journey of figuring out the real treasures in life as well as accepting their strengths and weaknesses. A good laugh with friends or one to enjoy after mind-numbing day; silly yet feel-good. 'Journey with Jair'  recommended! J

No comments:

Post a Comment