Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Mr Nobody



I didn’t think much of this film at first - but what a beautiful surprise I was in for! I had found a magnificent film to add to ‘My Favourite Film List’. It made me laugh, it made me cry and it made me think - 3 ingredients I love to have. Written and Directed by French genius Jaco Van Dormael and starring Jared Leto, Sarah Polley, Diane Kruger, Linh Dan Pham, Juno Temple, Toby Regbo and Thomas Byrne.

This 2009 Drama-Fantasy-Romance was a story about the incalculable possibilities we’re faced with in life and about making decisions and about being at peace with the decisions we’ve made by the end of our life. It was interesting because what’s done is done - but it makes viewers take to heart the importance of being mindful when making decisions in life because once it’s done - there’s no turning back…only if life were but a dream. :)) Really it seemed much more dramatic and it’s difficult to describe the brilliance involved in the making of this film.

The cinematography, acting, dialogue, soundtrack and story all were spectacular and it made for a very clever movie. For the audience that craves originality and contemplation - then this is exactly the sort of film they would enjoy. 


A run-time of 141 minutes and an estimated budget of $47 million USD, the film didn’t bring much in at the box-office; however received 11 wins and 4 nominations that year. Go ahead - indulge in this cinematic beauty! It was one of the most magical films I've ever seen. :)))


No comments:

Post a Comment