Monday, April 25, 2011

Now





Many people ask why make sacrifices for 40 days. They ask, "Are you religious?" They turn their noses up and point fingers and say silly things like, "For Lent, I'm giving up Lent!" That's all fine; everyone is entitled to their own point of view. And just because one enjoys the challenge of being disciplined, or understands the value of sacrifice and will-power doesn't make one religious. Sure the real reason for Lent is the remembrance of the Prophet Jesus, whom Christians deem the Messiah who came to teach us about the Universal Love and about how we should live and to treat everyone with love and respect. During the Lenten season, before his death on a cross he meditated and fasted for 40 days and nights in the wilderness/desert to become closer to the Supreme Being/his father to ready himself for what he had to do for mankind. During the time of fasting and self-retrospect, our eyes are opened to truth. We realize our self worth and value; about gaining fulfillment by helping those in need and spreading love and giving to the less-fortunate. We realize that nothing is as it seems. I remember sitting in the cockpit one day, and one of the pilots and myself were chatting and gazing at the smooth clouds whizzing past beneath us, and I said, "It looks so soft and lovely…" And he says, "Yes, some of them are, but some will shake you up real bad!" And isn't that the truth. Nothing is as it seems, but with love, you shan't have any fear in your life!




I must admit re-activating my facebook account, and having so many friends welcome me back, licking my lips of 'real' syrup after making a delicious pancake breakfast, and jammin' to some lovely Caribbean music in my car after a long day's work, really made my heart smile in a great way. But after my third bite of chocolate, and discovering the one I fancied had time to update his facebook profile and not even message me as he said he would; that being rid of these things in the first place wasn't that bad. It was somewhat more freeing, because with my simpler, non-sugar, no facebook life, I was given enhanced intuition and creativity, I was able to tune in with those around me and I knew that to continue like this I would be able to move forward with my career, life and relationships! I became a Brand New Me! A me that was aware of the true love and joy which is all found in the Universe, and not in the things people cling to, to make themselves feel better temporarily.




That was the relevance of Lent, and that was the relevance of sacrifice and soul-searching. But here I was, back into the green valleys with lots of water to drink and some dimpled distractions (ha ha); back to the world that would make Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King and Mahatma Gandhi weep, as what they fought so hard for was still being deteriorated and lost because of man's constant greed and ever-creeping divisions. And then I thought; could it not also be a challenge of living within this world, and staying grounded, yet also able to practice, and share my knowledge and truth with those that I meet. Spreading the message and encouraging and inspiring others. For to sit and focus on my breath alone everyday for the rest of my life, would be wonderful, however rather selfish; I can do both, for I become a greater student and teacher living amidst all people, the good, the bad and the lost, just as Jesus did (befriending prostitutes and tax-collectors); for we aren't to judge, only to love, for we are all reflections of each other, on different paths, to learn different lessons and ending at that place beyond life and death. J




After focusing on my breath today, the word, 'NOW' was given to me…and how funny and fitting that in the animated version of the Beatles video: All You Need is Love, that I was inspired to add to this blog. The word 'NOW' appears and I believe my message was; 'Now you know the Truth'. Thank-you Jah-Jah for teaching me…continue to lead me! J




2 comments:

  1. Jair! Jair! Jair! sometimes i feel like we have shared a womb cause we have so many similar inner struggles! this was an excellent piece....if you have not read The Secret and The Power...you should! this reminds me of those two books....keep your head above the water...you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much darling! Goodness -- it's nice to have someone read my blogs - hahah.
    I have read those books, and I will keep on the path -- hey! Great minds think alike ;) xx

    ReplyDelete