Friday, May 13, 2011

Remember





I remember when we used to hold hands as we prayed together; and how the days never seemed too hot or too short; and how we were the small ones that people exclaimed at how much we'd grown; and when we didn't bicker over silly things but instead laughed the night away. How much things have changed. How different it seems. How is it now, large fields even have seemed to shrink, and people's egos grown as tall as that mountain in front of us; and alas greed and haughtiness has become the delight of my fellow men. Why did we dream of becoming different? Did we not realize that developing this way would only make us insatiable and unhappy? Babies cry now, and rings are worn and I look on feeling as though I am still the same. So childlike still in a sense, so unaware of what parenthood and marriage means to others, but still I am happy with this purity and ignorance I hold, for I have grown in other ways, and not in ways that have left me like a maggot always yearning for the next morsel to fill my transparent and already ripe stomach. For I am satisfied with my simplicity, and bursting with truth, as it has entered me and saved me from becoming like all the others; marching onwards, not wanting to miss a step, for this is the time with which society has carved for us. I preferred to march in innocence and bliss, a calm smile upon my face, fond of only peaceful armies….imagine that!




I remember when Afro's used to be hip and beautiful and straight hair and noses wasn't the staple.


I remember when children used to actually be children, and pitch marbles and climb trees.


I remember when we had real gentlemen and real ladies.


I remember when we didn't dare speak back to people older than us or authority.


I remember when people had a conscience and didn't intentionally hurt or use another.



Ask yourself, what is it that you fear? What makes you become terribly dispirited? The gadgets and drugs created to change this mood is only a fleeting. Awake to the truth of nature, awake to the light that always surrounds you, the comfort within your reach, the path that has been cleared away for you to follow, and trust in that Universal truth and understanding, knowing then that there is nothing to fear, there is no problem too great to be resolved, for with this communication with the heavenly realm, the true, the unseen and the power, the word, impossible does not exist, and happiness is all that remains.


Rejoice! For the time is apparent, and you now, more than ever has the opportunity to surrender and tap into the spirit of the Universe, one that fills all bellies, one that showers you with the love you deserve, one that breathes gratitude and strength beyond your wildest dreams…


Bless-up!


Jair J

No comments:

Post a Comment