Friday, February 3, 2012

Star Trek

I usually don’t care for re-makes; because if you do something good the first time; then there should be no need to re-invent it once more. Do it right the first time is my motto! But me-oh-my! This re-make was indeed phenomenal! It proved to be just as thrilling as the first, but with new faces and better graphics. Faces like: Winona Ryder, Chris Pine, Eric Bana, Leonard Nimoy, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, Zachary Quinto, John Cho, and adorable Anton Yelchin. What an exciting set and scenes to play in for this bunch! J


This 2009 version of Star Trek was Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman, Gene Roddenberry, and directed by J.J. Abrams. A cross between Star-Wars and Jurassic Park; this film was wonderful as always with the ‘yoda-like’ dialogue and exceptional rousing soundtrack. And although this action-adventure sci-fi film is mostly make-believe, the cast made it credible every step of the way with their dramatic and sincere devotion to their character’s tribulations.


I enjoyed that this new version of the classic wasn’t just that but that it incorporated past and future characters to add to the heightening of certain scenes. Certainly a ride from beginning to end! I’ll leave you with some wise words uttered from Spock, Spock Prime and Spock’s father which went:


“I am conflicted as I was as a child…”


“You will always be a child of both worlds…”


“An act of faith…you must put aside logic and do what feels right…”


J

No comments:

Post a Comment