Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Descendants

I’d heard many of my flight mates speak about George Clooney in ‘The Descendants’ and I’d seen interviews with Shailene Woodley, this all enticed me to see it more but I hadn’t the opportunity to do so before the Oscars. Would I prefer ‘The Artist’ to ‘The Descendants’ after seeing George Clooney’s performance? I would say I rather enjoyed it and it’s substance was quite heart-wrenching and real; but I do also always love a real good love story. It was the first time I’d seen this type of acting from George and he was very good in this story.


Written and Directed by Alexander Payne; this 2011 film was a simply filmed yet held hefty weight in situational proportions. No fancy camera angles or snazzy lighting. In some respects the delayed reactions by some of the actors and black transitions were almost laughable but the acting expressed by the main characters were phenomenal!


A wonderful lesson in forgiveness, bravery and courage to do what you know is right. I still vote for ‘The Artist’; but I absolutely loved how this film was true to life to show the truth of what Hawai’i is truly like – overridden with tourists and sky-rise buildings, but also show what it used to be like, and show the audience the beauty of what it used to be before it become over-populated. Showing a families journey also through misfortune and loss and how it brings them closer together also is great because it is a path we all must take one day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment