Thursday, January 14, 2010

"His name was Nigel, and his eyes were magical like fire. I ended up having to work with him side by side for the next 16 days of shooting. I marveled at him from near and afar; it wasn't his looks that entirely attracted me, it was the way he did things. He was always present, always attentive, and he had the gift of capturing beauty within the camera lenses. There was no telling what other powers he posessed; and if he ever saw me. Because all the boys saw only a girl with golden hair and a big smile. She worked in wardrobe and her name was Cheryl. I was the girl, the boys saw as a friend. I got dirty with them, and perspired tremendously in the hot sun. I wore baggy clothes and laughed at their lewd jokes. But whenever Cheryl came out into the sun from her cool escapes of the dressing rooms; time stopped, and she seemed to float on air with her fancy garments. At this point in time, even I had to stop what I was doing and watch. I certainly couldn't compete with that, for even my boy with the magical eyes was in awe of her, and I had to accept that......

.....I had only a week's worth of clothing, and I tried to recycle it the best way I could to impress him. Alas it was in vain, as every, single day Cheryl turned heads with her bright, glossy, fancy and elaborate articles of clothing.....

.....I did not have golden hair or emerald eyes. My eyes were black and deep like the Indian ocean, and my hair, a curly mess on most days, which I liked to hide by wearing hats......"

Excerpts from 'SWEET SWEET TNT 2' by Jair Ananda Massiah

No comments:

Post a Comment