Saturday, January 30, 2010

Mr. Sensitive

I've decided that in the beginning of February I shall aim to make my blogs more personal; or perhaps more with a specific purpose/direction. So far, it's been many random things, but I hope to have a following and to also ignite conversation and spread positivity. I know that I can write about 'touchy' subjects like Politics, Race and Religion, and perhaps in the future I may; but it's also wise to stay away from those things, because no matter what you say, someone will have a different point-of-view. This is infact healthy, but I shant start just yet.



Let's see...

I've entitled this one Mr. Sensitive. :))

Has anyone seen the darling film BEDAZZLED with the adorable and multi-talented Brendan Frasier and the ever so foxy Elizabeth Hurley? Such a great message, and how funny the different circumstances in which he tries to recieve the love of another. I think its like that most time for love. Love, love, love. I suppose I speak of it now as I'm bombarded with advertisements and red hearts everywhere I turn. Valentine's Day is just around the corner. This occassion can be quite a lovely one; of course it's great to admire and show affection all year round, but a day to solidify loved ones is nice too. On the flip-side, it can also be called 'Single Awareness Day' for those poor souls with no-one to call their own. I say; buy your own chocolate and teddy bears! Love yourself, if you don't, then by George, who will?



Back to Mr. Sensitive. :))

I have actually met him, yes luckily Brendan Frasier I was able to serve on a flight, but I'm speaking about the 'real' live, Mr. Sensitive. What a sweetie! Or so I thought. Some men are so good at what they do; being charming that is, and sadly many girls fall for it. I think you should never assume, or judge a person. Always give them the benifit of the doubt, but do so slowly. For as soon as you fall, for the 'sometimes' wrong person/ excellent charmer up-to-no-good it is then that they evade you. :(( He seemed really do-able [hahah] jk; I mean really genuine. He knew how to cry, and said he'd nurse me back to a speedy recovery once I'd had my oral surgery. I've heard horror stories about getting your wisdom teeth out. One of my dear girlfriends said, "Ah but darling, you despair so quickly..." And perhaps I do, but do you really blame me? To lose him before the damned' surgery too! :P



I'll leave you with this wonderful passage by one of my favourite poets, Rumi...



Hold on the skirt of His grace, for suddenly He will flee; but

do not draw Him as an arrow, for He will flee from the bow.

What images does He play at, what tricks contrive! If He is

present in form, He will flee by the way of spirit.

Seek him in the sky, and He shines from the water like the

moon; enter the water, and He flees up to heaven.

Call Him from the placeless and He points you to place; seek

Him in place and He flees to the placeless.

Is not the bird of your imagination fleet as an arrow in

existence? Know that for a certainty the Absolute flees from the

imaginary.

I will flee from this and that out of fear (not out of weariness)

because my gracious Beauty flees from this and that.

Fleet of foot as the wind am I for love of the Rose, not the

rose that for fear of the autumn wind flees from the garden.

When it sees an attempt at speaking, His name flees so that

you cannot say, "So-and-so will flee."

He will flee from you so that if you draw His image, the

image will fly from the tablet, the expression will flee from

the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment